"Children are the future" goes the old saying, but they are also the present, and so a great deal of emphasis is placed on the children’s ministry. This is also a ministry that the congregation promotes strongly, especially because of the strong ties to the school.
Every Sunday the children join the main service for the first 15-20 minutes before they and the Sunday-school teacher head off to the church hall for an enjoyable, age-appropriate Sunday School, or Kindergottesdienst, lesson.
The congregation runs an annual children’s ministry camp - the Kindergottesdienst Ausflug - always a highlight for the Grade 1-7 children. Over and above what the congregation offers, the children also have the opportunity to participate in events run by the ELCSA(N-T) children’s and youth ministry, like the annual Kailager camp.
As in any vibrant congregation, especially in the ELCSA (N-T), music plays an important role and comes in a variety of forms and from a range of sources.
- Brass Band
- Instruction in brass instruments can be arranged through some of our members and the congregation has a very active brass band which regularly plays in services and at other functions.
- Worship Team
- The congregation’s musicians combine their talents with the school’s chapel band and worship team, especially for youth services.
- Always on the lookout for new choristers, our well-trained choir sings during the 1st Sunday service of every month, as well as on other festive occasions.
- The youth group meets every Tuesday evening from 18:30-19:30 during school term time.
- Bible Study Group
- Bible studies are conducted in German every 2nd Thursday of the month at 10:00 at the Parsonage English speakers are welcome to join, and will be accommodated during the Bible study.
- Seniors’ Communion
- The pastor conducts holy communion devotions on every 3rd Thursday of the month at 10:00 at the Arcadia Old Age Home in Greytown.
- Student & Youth activities
- Various activities are offered during the July and December school holidays.
- Prayer Groups
- Youth camps
- Camps are organised by the Youth Pastor of the Southern Circuit and are actively promoted by the congregation:
- Kinder Kailager - during the July holidays, the 8 12 age group camps at the Kailager campsite, close to Port Edward.
- KT Camp - the 13-18 age group heads off on KT (Konfirmanden & teenager) Camp during the July holidays.
- Rüstwoche - this youth camp in Elandskraal is for everyone from the age of 12 to university student and is held during the December holidays.
- Confirmation classes
- Confirmation lessons can be integrated into the Life Orientation lessons in Grade 8 at the school, or offered after school hours.
Copyright © Peter-Paul Congregation, Hermannsburg - All rights reserved